Tuesday, December 26, 2017

12/26/17: My Priorities As Of Right Now and A Slight Update on Development

Good evening! Today I'd like discuss what is being done about the game currently and in what order I'm doing them in.

As of right now, I'm working on a low-hanging fruit and high-hanging fruit system. If this is something you've heard of before, the creator of Yandere Simulator also operates on this system. I thought it would be beneficial if I adopted this way of thinking so I would be more productive.

This is my list of priorities:
As you can see, all of my low-hanging fruit goals have been completed. I'm currently working on re-writing the text conversation the player has with Angel. 

As you can also see I've put re-doing Act I on there. I've finally decided that I'm going to code all of Act I from scratch. This will ensure better writing, better coding, and all-around just a more decent game. It felt weird to me that I would be bringing in all of these new assets and keeping the same code. So, the entire game is going to be brand-spanking new when it comes out. There isn't a ton I would like to make completely different, but it is going to take some time because I'm doing it all from scratch.

In regards to the music, as you can see I'm redoing all of that too, I've switched to using LMMS for sound effects and Sountrap for actual music tracks. After fooling around with it for a while, I've completed 1 track out of a list of about 12 tracks. This is amount of tracks is subject to change at any time.

You might be wondering what exactly is behind the black scribbles on the list. Well. Those are major spoilers. :)

Progress on this game has been doing good so far. I feel productive as can be. I'm also trying to avoid neglecting meals and basic hygiene and self-care. I've been doing a lot of stretching when I take my breaks and drinking lots of water. It's way too easy to fall into a routine that neglects self care.

Happy holidays everyone and I hope we're all having a good break! Signing off for the evening,
                                                                                                 -GGDev


No comments:

Post a Comment